Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 

Can you lend me a hand?

I'm looking for (a) web and/or graphic designer(s) with an outsized love for music (particularly Canadian independent stuff) and a desire to give back to that community (i.e. ply his/her/their trade for below market rate). A non-profit organization of my acquaintance is looking to set up its corporate identity (logos, websites etc.) and, like all NGOs, there isn't much in the way of a budget. Compensation would be a mix of money (not much) and contra-adverts as well as - potentially - some time spent with some cool musicians, not to mention that warm, fuzzy feeling you get when you feel you've done the right thing. Drop me a line in the comment box (or via e-mail: fatcitizen nospam (at) gmail (dot) com) . Speaking of web-type stuff, I'm reaching the end of my proverbial rope with bandwidth issues (despite the heroic efforts of my man Cammy, we're about to come up face to face with another incident of "30 days of bandwidth lasting only 25 days"). I'm wondering: A) If any of the 200-300 of you who visit me every day have an idea of where I might get solid web service (lots of storage, LOTS of bandwidth...) for relatively little cash; or, B) What you'd think of me reducing the podcasting archives to, say, the last five shows. I could offer archived shows on special arrangement, but I'd reduce the ongoing server demand of new subscribers digging through the vault. That said, I'd love for you to be able to access the vault too. Anyway...feedback sincerely appreciated! Pregnant Pause The nominations are in for the 2006 Bloggies. I'm definately voting for Frank, Sean/Jordan/Dan, and Rannie. So much else to say, but so little time...I'll try and catch up with y'all soon...
Comments:
Yes, I guess we'll be able to do without older podcasts.
For ISPs, the choices in Montreal are awfully limited. It boils down to Bell and Videotron or their resellers. Neither of the big companies have managed to send me a correct bill until the fourth phone call from me.

If you want to try a re-seller, you should go with Teksavvy.com. They are incredibly helpful, but of course, their ability to provide service is ultimately constrained by the fact that they're just re-selling Bell's access. Still good though that they don't have clueless kids working in their call centre.
 
i'm cool with not being able to access older podcasts. at least with the ipod and itunes, they can all be saved on my end so i don't have to keep downloading them.

regarding hosts, not knowing what your financial constraints are, i am very happy with POWWEB.com as my web host. they offer only one plan (US $7.77/month) with 12 GB storage and 300GB/month bandwidth. And they are definitely not a fly-by-night outfit..lots of help on the forums, easy to use administration pages, etc...worth a look...and you get 6 months free if you pay for a year in advance!!
 
I am a single female and heard about www.MYXXXCLUB.com at a swinger's event. It's supposed to be a site where you can upload your videos and hook up with people in classifieds and stuff.... Is anyone on there? Any experiences, suggestions, ideas?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?