Monday, March 07, 2005

 

I have 15 minutes before b-ball . . .

NQ's new one is in the stores! . . . so I have to rush through some stuff. I've received all kinds of great records lately (much love to the CD Fairie). Unfortunately, since I've spent much of the last couple of days tilting at windmills, by the time I get around to writing about them . . . most of these records are no longer "advances" they're already in the stores (so much for my aspirations to become a "cool, insider member of the musicblog elite"). Anyway, check out: NQ Arbuckle's Last Supper in a Cheap Town which features more guesting from Caroline Mark and many of the songs that we've been lucky enough to hear live in recent Fat City appearances including You Look Like a Wreck (m4a). (Buy it here) Joel Plaskett's La De Da got four stars from The Globe this week and deserved every one of them. Those of us who saw him perform the acoustic version of True Patriot Love at the Capital Music Hall show earlier this winter know what Plaskett can do unplugged and unadorned, those of you who weren't there will have to Go! Buy the Rekkid!. Check out Natural Disaster (m4a). Other stuff later this week, I promise, including a Jayhawks tribute, my take on CBC's 50 tracks (Hey! Somebody asked!) and, y'know, stuff. Phew, that was actually 16 minutes . . . KC? Do you think I can get a job workin' for the wire?
Comments:
It would be difficult for me to care less about the CBC, but for some masochistic reason your post inspired me to check out the CBC's 50 tracks. Upon further inspection, their selections bring to mind the Sunday morning sidewalks outside the Brunswick house - nothing but slow ageing vomit. How Jian Gomeshi remains employed has to be one of the wonders of the known world.
 
Kenny,

Tell us how you REALLY feel . . .

FC
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?