Wednesday, February 16, 2005

 

What about the OLD Bob Dylan?

He doesn't even LOOK like Conor Oberst . . . or Bob Lind Listen to Boots of Spanish Leather (thanks for the hookup, Kenny) After nearly three weeks, I finally got my copy of I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning (thanks for nothing, Amazon) and it's good, very good. But, for the last time people, Conor Oberst is not Bob Dylan. In fact, nobody's Bob Dylan (Bob Dylan hasn't even been Bob Dylan for YEARS now). It made me wonder exactly how tired the phrase "the new Bob Dylan" actually is. So, in the spirit of Last Plane To Jakarta's 101 Things You Can Compare Interpol to Besides Joy Division I Googled "the new Bob Dylan" and came up with over 700 hits. Now, many of those hits are people writing about how much they're looking forward to "the new Bob Dylan" album or movie (ok, maybe not the movie). Along with those Bob fans are a whole lot of overzealous journos and reviewers laying the "new Bob" crown on a virtual rogues gallery of also rans including: Elliot Murphy Simple Kid Steve Forbert Phosphorescent Chuck Brodsky Willy Mason Stephen Fretwell Ray Lamontange Melanie Jad Fair and (perhaps most painfully) Adam Duritz I think I speak for everyone when I say: "They're not booing folks, they're just saying 'Whooooooo?'" Buy a copy of The Times They Are a Changin'
Comments:
I think you mean Boooourn's
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?