Friday, February 11, 2005

 

Long Winters? I'll show YOU long winters!

Listen to Carparts (Go! Buy the Rekkid!) Listen to Stupid (Go! Buy the Rekkid!) The Long Winters are from Seattle. That means they probably think "long winters" are three month periods with too much rain in their latte. (Do I sound bitter? Sorry. It's just that all of my family's in Vancouver . . . I call them from Fat City on a -40 degree Wednesday and my sister in law tells me about tending the crocuses. . . Cindy, I love you, but serenity NOW!) At any rate, real winter sufferers shouldn't hold the Winters' name against them, particularly if they like, smart, jangly guitar pop with sing-alongable choruses and likeable, hangdog sentiment. (Carparts is so catchy that I'm even turning a blind eye to that last verse. "At least my watch is right two times a day" sounds like a bumper sticker you'd see on the back of a retired dude's Winnebago). The Long Winters' third full-length is scheduled for release by Barsuk sometime later this year. Keep an eye out and in the interim pick up a copy of 2003's When I Pretend to Fall.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?