Monday, January 10, 2005

 

Plane Songs: Volume Two

Round two: It's Laval vs. Durham Listen to Out on the Wing Listen to Phone Sex (Go! Buy the Rekkid!) It's been a long day and I don't have the energy to say anything much negative about Air Canada except for this: Did you know, that if you google "I hate Air Canada" you'll get twice as many hits as if you google "I love Air Canada?" I bet you didn't. At any rate, I think Superchunk's Laura Ballance & Mac McCaughan might be a little afraid of flying (and maybe even travelling in general). Their fear didn't get in the way of them writing some amazing pop arrangements on their fabulous 2001 album Here's to Shutting Up. These songs wrap lyrics about icy plane wings, t.v. plane crash footage and deadly, un-sanded highways with harmonies, keyboard and string lines that make melodies about broken dreams sound like lullabies. Buy Here's to Shutting Up
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?